Learn from your competitors mistakes
Your idea for an app is perfect; you have created your app and you are ready to put it in the marketplace. STOP. Now is the time for you to look at your competitors a little more closely and learn from your competitors mistakes before your app is published in the app marketplace.
You may not have considered this, but app review sites are the perfect place to monitor your competitors. It is here you can learn what disadvantages your competitors have. By seeing their mistakes you are equipped with the information to incorporate these as advantages in your own app.
What do app reviewers look for?
App reviewers will be looking to answer six main questions in their reviews.
1. Does the app do what it says it does? If the function of the app isn’t clear, you won’t rank well in the market.
2. Does the app work well? In other words, does the app keep crashing and need restarting?
3. Is the app easy to use? It’s important that the app is easy to navigate and use.
4. Is the app visually appealing? Whether we like it or not looks are important, even in the app world.
5. How does the app compare to competitors apps? This is perfect for you to find other competitors in the market.
6. Is the app price reasonable? Perfect place to give you an insight on what you can charge for your app
Where do I find app review sites?
There are many review website available online for you to choose from. I would suggest that you have a look at a minimum of four review sites because different reviewers may have conflicting opinions on an app. Here is a list of some of the sites I like: (in no particular order)
AppEggs – http://www.appeggs.com/
AndroidZoom – http://www.androidzoom.com/
AndroidTapp – http://www.androidtapp.com/
Appbrain – http://www.appbrain.com/
Once you have read the reviews on your competitors you are in a more secure place to determine whether or not your app is ready to submit to the marketplace.
We wish you luck with your app success. Please don’t forget to come back and let us know how well you are doing.