AppsGeyser lets you turn any web content or HTML into an app. That doesn’t mean that every piece of HTML that is made into an app should be added to Android Market and marketed to the hilt. Some apps need fine-tuning or even big improvements before they go hit the big time.
It’s important to be sure your app is high quality before adding it to Android Market, as Google has been cracking down on low-quality apps. Once an app is removed from Android Market, getting it back in can be difficult, and new apps from the same developer account may be screened more carefully than regular apps.
How do I decide when to put my app in Android Market?
To decide when to put your app in Android Market, answer the following questions:
- Will it look nice on an Android phone?
- Does my app work correctly?
- Is someone likely to want or need what I offer from a mobile platform?
- A corollary to #3 – Is the information or functionality offered in my app the part of my website or service that is likely to be needed by someone who isn’t sitting in front of their home or office computer?
- Is this app better or cheaper than other apps that do the same thing in Android Market? (Or does the app give unique content?)
- Would my friends or colleagues be interested in downloading my app?
If you answered ‘yes’ to all the questions above, then go for it! Add your app to Android Market, spend time and effort marketing it, and expect great results. Be especially careful regarding the first two questions. If your app doesn’t work correctly and size correctly for a phone, it is likely to be removed from Android Market. If you answered ‘no’ for any of the other questions, it’s time to take a good look at your app and see if you can make some improvements. When you’ve made the right improvements, and you can answer ‘yes’ to all of the questions above, you’ll have a high quality app!