5 simple steps to code your first game
- February 9, 2021 at 7:01 am #83230Sundas SohailParticipant
Coding your first game may seem a little bit hard to you, but trust me, it isn’t as difficult as you might think. I would personally suggest you to give it a shot before handing it over to some coding expert. You have to learn some simple steps to code your very first game on your own.
Following are the 5 important steps that will give you an idea about your game: –
• Search and get a concept about your game
Before trying to create your first game, the primary thing to do is to get an idea/concept about what sort of game you want to create. For that purpose, you have to do some market research, go through some survey graphs, and know more about the ongoing trends in games. To start, you first have to do some beginner courses on coding. I would recommend you to learn to make a 2D game in unity course. But if you want to create an advanced level game, you have to put extra effort into learning advanced level coding.
• Work on your design
After conceptualizing your game, you have to work on designing your games like how you want it to look like.
You have to consider certain things while working on the design, like, languages, GUI, features, update policy, etc.
• Software selection
After getting the concept and design of your game, you have to decide which software would you prefer to code your game. If it is a simple game, then you can go with simple code editors and compilers. But if you plan to develop an advanced level game, you have to deal with powerful 3d modeling softwares.
• Start Coding
When you are done with the software selection, you have to download it because it’s time to initiate coding! Like I said above, if you are up to a simple mobile game, then you have to start a common coding compiler and start coding. But if you want to create a game with a lot of features and variabilities, you must look at some advanced level game creation tutorial, available at Udemy or Coursera.
• Testing and marketing
Simply creating a video game is not enough; to make it a successful creation, you have to do marketing. But before initiating your marketing campaign, you have to test your game from each point of view so that you can remove all the bugs (if there any) before releasing it. Honestly, it is time taking process as you have to sit down for hours to test your game.
Comparably, marketing is straight-forward. To execute a successful marketing campaign, I will recommend you hire a veteran digital marketer. There are some ways to show your game to the people out there, like, create a website where people can visit to download your game, create your game in hard copies and sell it via various gaming stores or if it is a mobile game, then target Google playstore or Apple store.
- July 21, 2022 at 9:17 am #90123Greentouch FashionParticipant
- July 30, 2022 at 6:50 am #90166
- July 30, 2022 at 6:51 am #90167
i like the immage appsgeyer
- July 30, 2022 at 6:52 am #90168
i like the immage appsgeyer
- July 30, 2022 at 6:52 am #90169
- August 2, 2022 at 6:20 am #90182Kathy LabrieParticipant
Amazing tutorial! This is exactly the type of post we like to see on the tutorials board!
- August 6, 2022 at 5:45 pm #90196Dipak DeokateParticipant
- August 6, 2022 at 5:45 pm #90197Dipak DeokateParticipant
- September 5, 2022 at 3:07 pm #90299Sankar BadoleParticipant
- September 10, 2022 at 7:16 am #90314Summer CoffeyParticipant
Thanks for that.
- September 12, 2022 at 7:04 am #90315Brewer BaxterParticipant
Thanks this is a good.
- October 1, 2022 at 2:01 pm #90354Yug DudhrejiaParticipant
- October 1, 2022 at 2:01 pm #90355Yug DudhrejiaParticipant
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.