Recently, we discussed making your site mobile-friendly. I’m sure a lot of you are wondering if it’s a necessary step. Let me assure you that it is! Here’s why:
- Android Market has been removing apps that aren’t optimized for mobile. Since Android Market is the best place for app discovery, having your app removed from the Market means a significant loss of exposure.
- When people open your app, if it is not mobile-friendly, navigation will be difficult and they may choose not to use the app in the future.
- An app that is pleasant to use and takes the screen size into consideration is an app that is likely to be shared with friends or on Facebook.
- Apps that are mobile-friendly get more usages, which means a higher ranking in apps stores.
- Having your site optimized for mobile means that people using your site through a mobile browser will also have a better experience, meaning exposure to all mobile operating systems.