You may think that your idea for an app is simply the best ever, you want to quickly create your app and get it out there into the market place to start earning some money. But stop. Have you really looked at your app objectively to see where it can be improved before you splurge on your marketing?
The key to your app success could be through your competitor’s app. What do I mean? Let’s take a closer look.
How do I learn from my competitor’s app?
The way in which you can learn from your competitor’s app is through looking and researching review sites, take a look at what is being said about your competitor and what mistakes they have made. Review sites may be external sites or the ratings page on app distribution pages. remember to check different app stores as well as external review sites for all possible reviews of your competitors.
What do app reviewers look for?
App reviewers will be looking to answer six main questions in their reviews.
1. Does the app do what it says it does? If the function of the app isn’t clear, you won’t rank well in the market.
2. Does the app work well? In other words, does the app keep crashing and need restarting?
3. Is the app easy to use? It’s important that the app is easy to navigate and use.
4. Is the app visually appealing? Whether we like it or not looks are important, even in the app world.
5. How does the app compare to competitors apps? This is perfect for you to find other competitors in the market.
6. Is the app price reasonable? Perfect place to give you an insight on what you can charge for your app
Where do I find app review sites?
There are many review website available online for you to choose from. I would suggest that you have a look at a minimum of four review sites because different reviewers may have conflicting opinions on an app. Here is a list of some of the sites I like: (in no particular order)
Once you have read the reviews on your competitors you are in a more secure place to determine whether or not your app is ready to submit to the marketplace. We wish you luck with your app success. Please don’t forget to come back and let us know how well you are doing.