We have started to look into social networking to help you with marketing apps, in this day and age any company or anyone wanting to encourage a large audience must be active on social sites. Today I want to look a little bit more into Twitter, a slightly different social networking side of marketing to what we discussed yesterday with Facebook.
What is Twitter?
Twitter is what is known as a microblogging social network platform, it allows users to convey short messages to all your followers. What is most likeable about twitter is the shortness and bluntness of the messages posted, this allows conversations to be to the point. There is also an option to use the hashkey # to tag a particular topic, therefore if someone is looking for information on a topic, they can put this term in the search and your message, if it was one of the latest posted, will appear, this will help you gain more followers.
Messages that are posted in Twitter need to be catchy, with only 140 characters to grab your readers attention you can’t afford to mumble. Messages need to be clear and concise, humor helps keep your followers attention. You may also add hyperlinks to your tweet, these can be shortened to take up fewer of the 140 characters and will link your followers to external content. Images can also be uploaded and will also open upon clicking the link.
Twitter Guide for Businesses:
There are a number of reasons why you should use Twitter for your business:
- Brand awareness – start building a loyal fan base, but if you aren’t a large business, start firstly by using Twitter on a more personal basis, no one will follow a logo they don’t know. Use a personal image, build up your fan base then you can change the logo.
2. Customer connection – You will start to connect with the personal side of your followers by seeing their tweets and seeing what they like, communication with your followers on a personal level will bring huge success to your social campaign, it is not all about business, it is about knowing who your customers are and reacting to their tweets on a personal level.
3. Customer Reviews – So it is also about business, make sure that you reply to all tweets that are directed to you, or you are mentioned in. This shows that you are listening to your audience and willing to make changes when needed, fix errors that may have occurred or even thank your followers for praise that they have left for you.
4. Marketing apps – Yes, you will get to use this wonderful FREE tool to help market your app. Your tweets and be written around the app topics with a little link to your app download page thrown in every so often.
5. News and competitions – Twitter and Facebook both share this wonderful marketing ploy, to offer competitions that are based within the social networking sites aimed at giving the user something useful while helping to build your social audience. One frequent competition that Im sure you have all seen is the photo contests on Facebook, whoever gets the most likes wins a prize, everyone wants their photo to win this trip to Florida, so shares the link around all their friends. Twitter offers this too, usually they use funny quote competitions and so forth.
6. Competition – Yes, you are facing huge competition in the Android market and your competitors are also using Twitter and social networks, just as you are, however, with twitter it is simple to spy on your competition by just using the search button, see what your competitors are saying, what their followers are saying and use this to your advantage.
I could probably go on forever telling you how wonderful social networking is for marketing apps most efficiently and effectively, but I will stop now as it is time for you to go and try it for yourselves. Good Luck and have fun.