We have spoken about the importance of ASO, that is App Store Optimization in case you’ve forgotten, for all app makers that want to make an Android app successfully. Optimizing your app will help people find your app in an organic search and bring them to your download page, fantastic. Now what?
Once people have reached your download page you need to learn how to sell your app, you can do this mainly through your app description. An app description is important for both your ASO and also for your ‘sale’.
make an android app and let your app description sell it
Why is your app description important for ASO?
We are going to go back to our lesson on keywords. Keywords are what will bring your potential audience to your download page through organic searches, if you aren’t appearing in the first few ages in an organic search you are losing a potential 63% of your potential app audience.
Why is your app description important for selling your app?
Your app is your product that you want others to download and use, even if your app is downloadable for free you are still considered to be selling the app. Your app description is the main tool you have to persuade those that have arrived at your app download page to go ahead and download the app. The first two sentences are the ones that will really grab the attention of your potential app user.
6 Ways to Create a Great Description:
- Use the first few words wisely– When people do a search, only the first few llines of a description will be shown, therefore it is vital that the first few words are eye grabbing and informative.
- Keywords – Your keyword must appear in the first sentence, the reason this is important is partly because of your ASO and also it will help encourage the idea that the app really is about what the app user is searching for.
- Insight – Your description must be clear and concise explaining to the potential user what the app is all about. Include all the main features as well as a quick overview of the app.
- Boast about your features – That’s right, go ahead and boast about what makes app is better than other apps on the market, you should be highlighting your key features that other apps don’t have. Remember to never criticize another app, be careful with your wording because someone that criticizes another will eventually lose.
- Demand download – Seriously, if you don’t state the obvious, download now, or click to download people will not download the app. Many people look and think to themselves, I’ll do it in a minute and we all know that minute never comes. Get the potential user to download by reminding them to download now.
- TimeBound – Don’t give the impression that the app will sit there forever waiting to be downloaded, make sure that the user understands the importance of downloading the app NOW. One trick is to allow users to download the free version of the app before the premium version of the app is created.
When you write your app description you need to remember that uninstallation is bad for your app, apps that are downloaded and then uninstalled are seen as being weak apps that don’t suit the users’ needs and rank badly in ASO. So, when are you going to start to make an Android app?
Good Luck on your app description mission – Let us know how it goes.