Facebook is one of the best free marketing tools that you can use to increase the size of your audience for your Android app but one of the most common questions I am asked is how can I attract more traffic to my Facebook page. There are many ways to make a Facebook page more popular and increase your audience and today we are going to look at this in further details.
Facebook for your Android app
One important thing to know is that you should never set your business Facebook page up as a regular profile but to ensure that you have indeed set up a Facebook page, this will allow you to post things as the page instead of as your username. You can turn a profile into a Facebook page is by going into the top right corner, where it says “Account” and selecting “Use Facebook as a Page.” This will change your profile into a page. The other way you can create a page is by logging into your regular Facebook profile and then clicking on make a page.
Once you are using Facebook as a page, there are several ways to draw attention to your page:
- Search for pages that are relevant to your app and ‘Like’ them.
- See if there are any discussions going on. Contribute to the discussion. It may seem tempting to plug your product, but it will seem like spam and may even be removed. If you contribute to the discussion, people will see your name and logo and be interested in finding out who you are.
- Go back to the discussions and watch them. Keep commenting as long as you have something interesting to say. If a discussion ends, join another one.
- Ask people to upload stories, quotes, or pictures.
- Encourage people to vote for their favorites. (Many pages run contests or sweepstakes, but it’s important to check Facebook’s rules before running a contest, because some of these can run afoul of Facebook’s Terms & Conditions.)
- Once you have people joining your page, make sure there’s content there. Post things that are interesting, ask for people’s input, and respond to what people say.
A Facebook page can be a great tool for getting your app out there, but it only works if you have active, engaged fans.