There’s a lot of pressure on businesses to produce cutting-edge software to help them stand out in a crowded market. The dedicated development team model has become a popular way to deal with the challenges of ever-changing customer needs and tight deadlines. In this article, we will delve into the concept of dedicated development teams and explain why this collaboration model might work for your project.
What is a dedicated development team?
A dedicated development team is a third-party group of skilled software developers and designers, project managers, and QA engineers put together for the client’s project.
In fact, the IT outsourcing sector is set to hit a revenue of $430.50 billion in 2023, with an expected annual growth rate of 8.07% from 2023 to 2027. This will lead to a market volume of $587.30 billion by 2027.
One of the benefits of using dedicated software development teams for outsourcing is their capacity to match the demands and objectives of each project while focusing only on it throughout the cooperation. Here are a few more factors to consider when choosing this collaborative approach:
Why hire a dedicated development team?
Businesses wishing to build software solutions have several benefits to consider when hiring a development team. You can hire third-party developers with specific expertise that can fill the gaps in your in-house team.
Ultimately, the dedicated team model lets your in-house staff focus on your business’s core operations. We will cover the key advantages of working with devoted development teams later on in this essay. For now, have a look at the main project categories that benefit from that model.
Types of projects
The following project categories can profit from outsourcing services:
- Long-term projects. Dependable dedicated development teams maintain consistency and attention to guarantee on-time delivery and support for your projects;
- Startups. A dedicated development team can help startups turn ideas into market-ready solutions even when the start-up owners have no tech background;
- Scaling existing products. To grow software products, a specialized development staff may work seamlessly with your present team. Dedicated project teams, for instance, can optimize platform architecture while internal teams work to repair bugs and security flaws;
- Projects requiring ongoing maintenance and support. By delegating support and maintenance to a dedicated project team, you can let your core team work on new features and timely updates. As a result, they can keep their development cycle moving forward without getting bogged down in maintenance tasks.
Main benefits of hiring dedicated software development teams
Investing in a dedicated software development team can yield numerous positive results for your company. Here are some of the main advantages:
- Cost efficiency. You can save money on office space, health insurance, and new hire bonuses without sacrificing access to top employees. According to Deloitte, one of the biggest draws of outsourcing is the chance to cut costs.
- Wide access to talent. You can find qualified candidates with a wide range of skills and experience by broadening your search beyond your local area.
- Faster time to market. You can access more development resources than you have in-house, which can speed up development and get your products to market faster. Plus, applying for dedicated services cuts recruiting and onboarding time, so a team dedicated to your project starts immediately.
With an understanding of the main gains from outsourcing, we still have one important topic to cover – how much does it all cost and are the savings as significant?
How much cost can an offshore dedicated development team save?
When you hire a dedicated developer, remember that the cost depends on factors such as the team’s location, skill level, and project complexity.
For example, the cost of hiring a dedicated dev team specialist from Ukraine, Poland, or Romania varies from $25 to $50 per hour, compared to $70–$150 in the U.S. and Western Europe.
Due to cheaper living and pay costs, offshore development teams may provide better pricing than their competitors.
Dedicated development teams have emerged as a game-changing alternative for businesses looking to produce excellent software in a strongly competitive market. You can complete your project on time and within your budget if you have the proper combination of knowledge, effectiveness, and schedule.
Reach out to Sigma Software, an experienced dedicated software development team, whenever it’s time to bring your next big idea to life. They will gladly assist you with project estimation!