Yesterday we discussed why GooglePlay is one of the app stores that you simply can not ignore when distributing your Android app, it is after all the leading Android app store currently in circulation. The success of your app distribution does not only depend on the app store that you decide to upload your app to, but also the success of your app store optimization techniques. ASO is very dependable upon your brand profile landing page on your chosen app store, this page will detail your app description as well as showing other apps that you, as an app maker, has developed. Your landing page is in essence, your selling page, the place in which you are convincing your potential audience to download your Android app because it is simply the best app ever.
Your landing page holds your app description and there are two reasons why your app description is so vital to app distribution success and they are:
1: App optimization – You need to ensure that your key words are embedded into your title and your description. If you don’t succeed to incorporate these then you will not succeed in organic searches. Success in an organic search means your app will appear on the first page of search results.
2: Sales technique – You are selling your product to your audience, your description will either encourage a user to download your app or dissuade them from downloading your app. Remember those first two sentence are what will grab the attention of your potential user.
Below we have created 6 tips to help you improve your app description so that you can fully optimize your app and begin to achieve Android app success.
6 Ways to Create a Great Description:
- Utilize the first few words – Not all searches will bring up the entire description, therefore it is vital to focus hard on making the first few words persuasive.
- Keywords – Keywords are the key to getting your app noticed. These words will catch the eye of your potential audience member and should appear in the first sentence if you are going to convince the app user that this app is what they are searching for.
- Insight – Be clear about your content, make sure that the description really does explain what the app does, including all the main features as well as a quick overview of the app.
- Boast about your features – Your app is great and make sure that you gloat about it. Don’t be shy to say why your app is better than other apps on the market and highlight your key features that other apps don’t have. Remember to never criticize another app though, be careful with your wording.
- Demand download – Might sound funny, but stating the obvious, download now, or click to download does in fact encourage potential users to download the app.
- TimeBound – Allow users to know that this free version of the app is only available for a specific time only if you intend to create a premium version of the app
Remember that your description is not a piece of science fiction, but should be a factual, yet persuasive description of your app. If you decide to fabricate a description, then those that download the app will only be disappoint that it is not what they believed it to be. An Android app that is downloaded and then deleted is perceived as an inferior app by the search engine technologies and therefore you are putting your app at risk of being ranked low in search results. The uninstall ratio is a key element to app success or app failure.
Good Luck on your Android app description mission – Let us know how it goes.