2020 is the year of the rise of video calling and chatting apps and software. With massive lockdowns all over the world, people had to use such applications to work and contact with friends and family. Zoom along with other video conferencing apps and messengers like Meet, Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger raised by 700%. It took only 2 months to get a big growth.
Why Making a Video Calling and Chatting App?
The trend of video calls is not going anywhere. Video chat proved to solve 2 problems of people. First, it’s easy to stay in touch with other people. Second, it helps to keep the high productivity of a remote work. Major IT companies like Google or Facebook have already announced their intention to keep remote work for their employees at least till the end of 2020. We expect 30-50% of these employees to work from home even in 2021.
With increased demand, some video calling apps are facing challenges. Zoom has leaked the personal messages and passwords of users in April 2020. It questioned the security and stability of the app. Once bad news breaks out, people start looking for alternatives and install other apps. Even if 0,5% of Zoom users will install a new video messenger, it will make 500,000 installs!
How Much Does it Cost to Make a Video Messenger App?
There are two options to make a video calling app: paid and free.
- Paid. It can cost you $20,000-$130,000 to develop a video calling app from scratch. The cost includes payments for UX/UI design, back-end development, front-end development, Q&A testing. The price depends on the country where you develop an app. If mobile development in the USA costs you more than $100,000, in India it may cost you 3-4 times cheaper.
- Free. By using App Builders and ready-to-use app templates you can make video calling and chatting app without programming and investtments. The technology allows to use an existing code to build new mobile apps. The app development is realised as “drag-and-drop” or “fill the forms” constructor. It takes 5 minutes to create Video Calling app from scratch.
How to Make a Video Call App for Free?
To create your video call and messenger app for free, follow these steps:
- Open Video Call and Chat App Template
- Choose color scheme
Choose default colors, upload your images
- Add features
No coding required
- Write the name of your app
- Choose an icon for the app
Upload your custom logo or choose a default one
- Publish your app
It’s done! Your app is ready to be published on Google Play or other app markets.
Build a Video Calls and Chat App for Android
Video Calls and Chat app template for Android is based on cloud technologies and includes main features: video calls for one-on-one or groups, voice calls, instant messaging, file-sharing. We included some extra features as well: stickers, filters, synchronization with contact numbers. It’s highly secured and uses end-to-end encryption (no one can read messages, listen to calls).
The app is free and unlimited to use for everyone. Users don’t have to pay fees to unlock features or increase limits for calls. But it doesn’t mean developers can’t monetize this app. You can join the Monetization program and make money by inserting ads to your Voice Calling and Chatting app.
Top 8 Must-have Features for Video Call App
- Group video-calls. Users can create video meetings with a group of more than 2 people.
- One-to-one video calls. Individual video calls for 2 people.
- Voice calls. In case if users can’t or don’t want to video chat, they still can make voice calls and create group voice calls.
- Instant messaging. Users can chat and send text messages at any time Use video calling app as a regular messenger app like WhatsApp or Telegram.
- File-sharing. Share media files like images, video, audio, etc. Users can send files at any time: after, before or while video calls.
- Security and safety. App is cloud-based and end-to-end encrypted to provide the safety of personal data.
- HD quality of connection. Works with any type of Internet connection: 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi.
- Push notifications. Instant notifications of new messages and incoming video and voice calls
What are the Benefits of Creating a Video Call App?
With AppsGeyser you can create an instant video calling and chatting app for Android that will bring together colleagues, friends, and family.
How Video Messenger can help business:
- It improves relations between employees and employers. In-person communication delivers better quality of relationship and trust.
- It helps to track the productivity of employees. Report the status of daily tasks, make brainstorms, discuss important questions and issues on meetings.
- It prevents from the lack of communication. Instant communication and notifications will inform about important questions and problems.
- It drives a team-building. Make off-work vbirtual corporate parties to increase employees’ motivation and spirit!
How Video Call App can help people in daily life:
- It keeps in touch with family, friends, colleagues;
- It strengthens relationships between people;
- It helps to find new friends;
- It brings all friends and family together in groups;
- It allows creating communities in groups;
- It provides a simple file-sharing tool.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Video Call App?
Th video call app is an instant messenger with video calling features. Video calls can be made by two people or a group. The app also features voice calling, instant messaging and media-sharing.
How do you create a Video Call and Chat App?
1. Open appsgeyser.com
2. Click on Create Now for Free
3. Choose Video Calls and Chat App Template
4. Click Next on the first screen of App Template
5. Add backgrounds, choose colors, add camera stickers
6. Name the app
7. Upload the icon
8. Click “Create” button. Your app is ready!
How much does it cost to create a Video Call App?
It’s free to create a Video Call app for Android using appsgeyser.com. There are no fees to build and download the app. Although we offer paid premium features to developers who can upgrade the app with advanced solutions.