There is no argument that Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms amongst today’s entrepreneurs. The suitability and high application make Shopify a perfect launchpad for businesses to scale themselves in the digital era.
Furthermore, Shopify enables online merchants to explore its full potential via a rich source of functional apps in the Shopify App Store.
However, it’s easier said than done when it comes to choosing the most suitable apps for your business. To help you out with this issue, we compiled a list of the top 11 Shopify apps you should have on hand.
Take this post as a reference when growing your online store. And let’s get started!
Email Marketing app – Email Marketing Abandoned Cart
As one of the “big guns” of online marketers, email marketing for sure is a simple yet powerful way to reach out to any specifically targeted customers.
Thus, an email automation app is indispensable for eCommerce businesses to make the fullest use of email marketing for several marketing purposes.
AVADA Email Marketing is developed to be a comprehensive email automation tool with highly customizable email templates, an intelligent segmentation function, and a fab advertising system via email.
This app definitely is a great fit for those who have strong ideas on branding and a comprehensive solution for email marketing.
What you get:
- Lead customers through the business’ sales funnel quickly via the pre-done automation follow-up emails
- Support automated processes for multiple email tracking types, including Abandoned Cart Emails, Welcome Emails, Order Follow Up Emails, as well as Cross-sell and Upsell Emails
- Create professional and beautiful branded emails via pre-built templates that fit the eCommerce business’ desires
- Enable merchants to send relevant emails to the right audience groups with the advanced segmentation
- Integrate Pop-up function (Newsletter pop-up, Add-to-cart pop-up) or Spin to Win in the storefront to extend the brand’s email list, deliver current promotional campaigns, or update new content to their visitors.
- Update your email performances overtime via essential email metrics
- Free: No charge | 15.000 emails support per month, 1.000 contacts, basic automation flow, limited report
- Pro: $9/ mo | Support unlimited emails, 1.000+ contacts (The charge can change based on contact count), advanced capabilities in terms of automation flow and report, plus email and chat support
Free trial: 14 days, plus a 30-day money-back guarantee
Affiliate marketing app – Shopify Affiliate Software
Affiliate marketing strategy gains your business extra income and takes the marketing effort to the next level. The power behind affiliate marketing is that it works based on the win-win relationship between merchants and affiliates.
If you want to take advantage of this potential stream of revenue, a specialized affiliate app for Shopify is necessary.
The Shopify Affiliate Software by OSI Affiliate allows sellers to recruit, empower, as well as upgrade the capabilities of customers, affiliates, and influencers in their affiliate networks for the brand’s growth.
What you get:
- Customers can edit posts with graphics and share on the major social networks like Facebook and Twitter with little effort
- Define and search for the business’s potential loyal customers for your upcoming referral programs via the email survey tool
- Stunningly beautiful landing page templates that are ready-to-use for the business’s referral programs
- Offer other free built-in tools to promote your store’s referral programs effectively
- Comes along available access to an influencer directory as well as practical promotional strategies
- Basic plan: $47/ mo | 20.000 tracking requests, 200 affiliate users, directory listing, advanced social sharing, feedback survey tool, and recurring commissions
- Professional: $97/ mo | 500.000 tracking requests, 1000 affiliate users. Plus promo pop-ups supported, 3rd party integration, and Opt-in forms
- Premium: $247/ mo | Include all features of the lower plans. 1M tracking request, 5000 affiliate users
Free trial: Within 15 days
Customer loyalty program app – Smile: Rewards & Loyalty
If the Shopify Affiliate Software facilitates the process affiliates promote your brand on social networking sites, the Smile: Rewards & Loyalty helps merchants manage as well as improve the performance of loyalty & rewards programs.
What you get:
- Create powerful loyalty points and referral programs with advanced features for better gaining trust and engagement from your customers in a short time (less than a day)
- Design eye-catching pop-up rewards buttons and pop-up panel and display to display on the storefront, making your store design (in the overview) and loyalty programs more attractive to the site’s visitors
- Get 24/7 support from the technical team of Smile.io. Furthermore, get access to the Smile resources with hundreds of proven useful loyalty models
- Free: No required charge | 10+ ways to rewards loyal customers, support Points & referral programs, visual customization, and default rewards emails
- Starter” $49/ mo | Full design customization, fully integrated with 1 Smile App, Smile.io branding movement. Plus, all features in the Free plan
- Growth: $ $199/ mo | All mentioned features above. Plus Points expiry, Nudges, and advanced analytics dashboard
- Pro: $599/ mo | Include enhanced features like available VIP program, unlimited Smile App integration, finally access to Success Manager
- 14-day free trial for the Starter plan and Growth plan
- 30-day free trial for Enterprise plan
Enhanced SEO app – Avada SEO Suite
On the surface, the goal of SEO is to improve a site’s ranking in search results. Beyond that, the ultimate purpose of gaining high rankings is to generate more traffic. Ideally, convert that traffic into qualified leads.
SEO is needed for businesses to expand their reputations and sustainable growth in the long run. If you are looking for an SEO app in Shopify, the AVADA SEO Image Optimizer is ideal.
What you get:
- Set Google structured data (Google snippets, json+ld) for the store’s product page, collection page, blog listing page, etc
- Improve the site’s performance by optimizing on-site images and keeping its quality unchanged, hence speeding up the site’s loading time
- Automatically add ALT tags to every image on the product page, collection page, and blog post. By this, merchants can make for a better user experience, furthermore, achieve both explicit and implicit SEO benefits
- Add social meta and show previews of your page on social channels like Google, Facebook, or Twitter
- Other features: Instant page loading, HTML sitemap, site verification
Avada SEO Image Optimizer is a free app, making this a no-risk investment for businesses to try and experience all its outstanding features on their Shopify stores.
If you are using Wix and your Wix store isn’t able to cater for your business as you wish, you might consider migrating from Wix to Shopify. Shopify is considered as one of the best alternatives to Wix by offering fully responsive designs, support for mobile Pages, product pages, multi-currency selling functionality, and tons of integrations with other key apps.
SMS marketing app – TxtCart
For those who are searching for an SMS marketing solution, TxtCart is an ideal applicant. A Shopify app development that allows merchants to supercharge their abandoned cart recovery, plus marketing via human-like conversations.
What you get:
- Offer your shoppers personalized support, which helps them make informed purchase decisions via SMS
- A better understanding of customers’ needs to close the sales effortlessly based on their responses
- Make all your store’s campaigns more personalized by sending different types of text messages to segmented groups and individuals
- Empower your SMS marketing strategies with generated one-time discount codes for specific groups of customers
- Starter: It’s a free plan. However, you need to pay 10% of TxtCart Sales | Real Human reps, cart recovery, custom cart URL, real-time analytics, and customer chat support
- Growth: $49/ mo plus 5% of TxtCart Sales | In addition to everything in the Starter plan, you get SMS templates, audience segmentation, conversation insights
- Pro: $249/ mo plus 2.5% of TxtCart Sales | Besides features in the Growth plan, TxtCart offers personalized onboarding, contextual insights, Custom Integrations, Account Manage and 24/7 chat & phone support
Free Trial: Within 14 days
Facebook messenger automation app – Recart
Recart is a chatbot software specially designed for eCommerce stores. And the Recart FB Messenger Marketing app is developed to support online merchants in growing their Messenger list and abandoned cart recovery.
What you get:
- Build your Messenger marketing list on Facebook, thus convert them into subscribers via automated messenger campaigns
- Offer several options of automated campaigns for Facebook Messenger like Welcome Flow, abandoned cart reminders, Order Receipts, and Shipping Notification
- For small business: Start from $29/ mo
- For Growing business: Start from $499/ mo
Free Trial: Within 28 days
eCommerce shipping app – Multi Carrier Shipping Label
The Multi Carrier Shipping Label is a comprehensive app that fits every need related to eCommerce shipping in terms of the Shopify shipping solution.
What you get:
- Allow your e-store to integrate with major carriers worldwide such as FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc. Hence, completely automate the order fulfillment process for the best shopping experience
- Display real-time shipping rates from several carriers at your Shopify checkout page, informing customers full details of the purchased cost. Eliminate the annoyment of unexpectedly hidden cost for the recipients
- Print shipping labels for your store’s orders in bulk. Furthermore, schedule pickup for all the orders
- Provide shipment tracking details to your customers via email
The Multi Carrier Shipping Label offers the same features for all 4 pricing plans. The difference only comes from the number of orders supported
- Starter: $9/ mo | Get 100 orders
- Popular: $29/ mo | Get 1000 orders
- Premium: $49/ mo | Get 3000 orders
- Enterprise: $99/ mo | Support unlimited order numbers
Free Trial: Within 14 days
Solution for Out-of-stock products – Pre‑Order Manager
The idea behind the Pre-Order Manager app is to recover lost revenue on out-of-stock items. With this app, you can launch discount campaigns to prevent customers from leaving your sites since their wanted items are out-of-stock.
What you get:
- Display the pre-order tag automatically when a time run out-of-stock with the Pre-order and Notify buttons
- Retarget disappointed customers with discounts on all or certain pre-ordered products
- Set either pre-order availability for specific products in bulk or the whole store’s items
- Multiple features to manage and analyze pre-orders professionally
- Free plan: Free | Free for the first product, auto-tagging, enhanced analytics
- Unlimited plan: $24.95/ mo | Include all Free plan features, plus bulk operations, generate discounts for pre-orders, product management
- Priority Support: $33.95/ mo | Besides all mentioned features. Users get up to 3h/ mo of customization, priority queue to get support
Store backup solution – Rewind Backups
Rewind Backups is an excellent app for any eCommerce business that wants to enhance competitive advantages via the security system. In other words, it can backup data of millions of store items at one time automatically.
In this way, you can rewind any item from the backup when something goes wrong with your stores effortlessly.
What you get:
- Support unlimited restores and save 365 days of version history
- Check and get rid of errors in the process of exporting the business’ revenue online
- Offer comprehensive automation for the store’s data backups and updates with just one click
- Basic: Start from $3/ mo | Up to 20 orders/ mo
- Growth: Start from $9 | Up to 200 orders
- Pro: Start from $39| Up to 600 orders
- Business: Start from $59 | Up to 1000 orders
- Plus: Start from $99 | Up to 2000 orders
- Enterprise: Start from $299 | +2500 order
Free Trial: Within 7 days
Recommendations app – AutoCommerce
Due to the time constraints and the limited level of effort exerted on a search, shoppers likely not to go through all the items on an eCommerce site. In the worst-case scenario, customers possibly leave your site for not searching for their truly desired items.
Therefore, a robust recommendation system is definitely a must for online merchants to drive sales and create the best shopping experience. The Upsell AutoCommerce app offers exactly what you need for a powerful product recommendation strategy.
What you get:
- 3 types of widget placement: Homepage, product page, and cart page widgets
- 3 recommendation algorithms
- Offer highly customizable placements for suggested product blocks
- Ability to style the recommendation widget to match your store’s design
Upsell AutoCommerce is a 100% free app with no setup cost and commission as well, making it a “worth to try” solution for your Shopify store.
Prisync is a competitor price tracking & monitoring, dynamic pricing, and pricing optimization app for eCommerce merchants from all around the world. Since 2013, Prisync tracks millions of prices and stock availability information every day and has customers in over 50 countries.
With the Prisync Shopify eCommerce pricing app, you can monitor your competitors’ price moves from a single dashboard and import all your products with a single click. Once you install the app, you’ll continuously have a synced data connection between your Prisync account and your Shopify store. You can automatically match or beat anyone’s prices and take every chance to improve profitability using price matching/dynamic pricing rules you set designed for maximum competitiveness and profitability.
What you’ll get with Prisync
- Save time and money with price scraping technology
- Increase sales growth and profit margins with dynamic pricing
What’s different in Prisync?
- Unlimited number of competitor price tracking
- Product variant tracking
- Price updates 4x / daily
- Dynamic pricing and repricing
- Cancel any time, no commitments
Free trial: yes, for 14 days without any payment request
Pricing: Starts from $129
Finding the optimal Shopify apps for your e-store is a daunting task and is influenced by several practical factors.
To be successful entrepreneurs in your niche is for sure a challenging goal, which requires lots of time and effort. Besides a carefully planned strategy, must-have apps for Shopify stores are indispensable to become a leading eCommerce business in your industry.
Still, we hope this post helps you make informed decisions for your wanted solutions.
Thanks for reading!
Bio: As a content executive at Avada Commerce, Binh understands the value of content marketing lies in the engagement between the customers and companies. Her wish is to bring a unique voice, different perspectives, and new light for every audience.