Online Calendar is a software category that has attracted both business owners and employees in an age where everyone wants to achieve more.
This technology solution has allowed for productivity and real-time sharing, reducing the time spent on planning and allocating resources.
This software is your digital assistant (PDA), and can help you with many tasks such as time management, meeting planning, scheduling appointments, managing invitations, and team planning.
Calendar Management Software proves to be very important for #startups as well as #SMEs
Calendar management software of all kinds have simplified the work of increasing numbers of companies and made it easier to automate their processes.
This technology is crucial for both start-ups as well as SMEs. Why?
The online self-scheduling of the new age consumer is a way for individuals to book appointments and make reservations whenever they want.
Many of these applications can be downloaded for free or at very affordable rates, making them accessible to all business types.
Saravanan Kesavan, co-authors and others conducted a study on 41 women’s apparel retailers. It was found that they were both significantly understaffed during peak hours, but significantly overstaffed during normal business hours. According to the authors, this mismatch caused the retailer to lose 9% of its sales and 7% in profits.
This is only one example of the many stories that show how efficient and fair scheduling software can save business profits and free up time to do other things.
Scheduling Software makes 15 things possible
There are many software packages that offer customizable features. The possibilities for calendar management software are limitless.
Below is a list of the most common uses made by organizations myfoxboston
- Supports collaboration scheduling. Multiple users have access to the same calendar data from any device. They can schedule meetings, manage projects and plan resources. Ideal for offices that rely on a shared calendar.
- Create multiple event-wise and individual-wise calendars. An aide for project managers.
- Manage and track appointments and reservations. These can be either enterprise-managed or customer-initiated.
- Give employees the ability to schedule vacations and time-offs. Managers can also view other calendars. Permission controls can be set that limit who can add/edit/delete/view certain information.
- Work Allocation Schedule worker shifts in order to stay organized and increase productivity.
- Task updates – Team members can assign and share tasks with constant updates on current, completed and overdue tasks.
- Manage to-Dos: Create a personal or team task list.
- Facility or Room Scheduling – Find out the occupancy status for different rooms and make bookings according to availability.
- Reminders – Instant SMS reminders, email notifications and emails for cancelled or rescheduled events.
- Multi-Device support – Synchronization of hand-held devices to keep you up-to-date on the move.
- Time tracking This feature allows you to record the time spent on different activities.
- Report Analysis– Create reports about the progress of individual or team tasks.
- Print and Export – Make a hard copy in various layouts and save the calendar items in different file formats.
- Calendar plugins This allows websites to have interactive and responsive features.
What should SMEs do about scheduling software?
Calendar makers and planners were for many years considered C-Suite tools, or privileges of large corporations.
However, cloud computing and the sheer amount of online tools have made it possible to schedule.