One of the main worries all app makers have is that they are worried that their free Android app will not be downloaded and all their app making dreams will be flushed away in an instant. I can tell you that this worry is a real worry but there is an answer, and it means that you need to pay attention and focus upon your app store optimization techniques or else you will also be watching your app dreams go down the drains.
Every business, no matter how big or how small needs to have a proper marketing and business plan set out from the beginning, or else you will quickly lose the path on which your free Android app should be taking. It is important to for you to set out the steps that you need to follow in order to give your app the best chance in being found in the crowded Android app market and find Android app success.
Below I have set out a basic plan that you can use to help you get started on your own personalised business plan for your free Android app.
When planning your app you need to make sure that you have covered the basic steps in app optimization. The steps that you need to follow are:
1. App name: For optimization the app name has to clearly identify the content of the app. You must make the name very specific to what the app is about. To find out how many searches per month are made using certain keywords check out the Google AdWords page.
2. Icon: Your icon is the first impression potential users will get of your app. You want the icon to be relevant and not misleading.
3. App Description: The description sells your app to the potential user. Make sure that the description is clear and describes what the app is really about.
4. Screen Shots: Screen Shots are the window into your app. You may use this opportunity to highlight the main functions of your app.
5. App ratings: Always make sure that you have all your relevant contact details on the page so that any dissatisfied customers can contact you and discuss their issues. People that fail to have clear contact details find dissatisfied users leaving poor ratings on their app because this is the only means of communication open to them.
There are a number of ways in which you can actively market your Android app. Briefly here are the top 6 ways in which you can promote your app.
1. Banner – Have a banner on your website that advertises the availability of the Android app.
2. QR code – You can create QR codes and make the QR download code available to your audience through your website, advertisements, instore and more.
3. Redirection script on website –Make a redirection script for your app on your mobile website that will encourage mobile web browser users to download the app.
4. External marketing campaign – Include your app in your traditional marketing campaign
5. Push notifications – remind users to use the app with push notifications
6. Social media – Include the app in your social media campaigns. Word of mouth is the best form of marketing.