Yesterday we spoke about three ways in which you can monetize your Android app. You have created your Android app and now you can use affiliate banner ads, networking to bring in private advertising and upselling. The most technical of these techniques is learning how to create a banner for your private advertising clients.
Today I am going to take you through a step by step guide on how to build a simple banner for your Android app.
Step by step guide how to create an app banner
- We are cheating here, go to a website called bannerfans.com.
- Choose custom size and add in these sizes 480px wide by 80px high.
- Select background mode and back ground color. You may also choose to add your own image.
- Change the text and choose the font you would like to use.
- Save as JPEG or PNG.
- Click get code.
- Once you are in the Get Code tab, add the website your banner will link to.
- Click on the code labeled Code for webpages/blogs/MySpace. See above image. Hit ctrl-c to copy the text or right click copy.
- Go to your AppsGeyser app and click on to the monetize tab.
- Click Ctrl-V or right click paste, to paste the code in your AppsGeyser Monetize tab. Click Submit!
Well done, you have created your own banner.
Tips – Make sure your banner is:
- Truthful – Always ensure that any deals that are on the banner are current and available, nothing is worse than clicking through to the ‘free Samsung G3 mobile’ to get pages and pages upon adverts and no free phone.
- Non Threatening – So many times we have seen banners that say; ‘if you don’t click now bad luck will come your way’, or something of a similar nature.
- Leads to a website – Make sure the banner links to an active website.
Hope you have enjoyed creating your banners with me today. As usual I am asking that you let me know how you found my lesson and if it helped you.