Many of you have mentioned that you still do not fully understand how Twitter can be of use to you and your app business. Twitter is so fast moving that many people get scared of it and stop using this platform before giving it a real chance to work. Today I am going to look at 4 ways in which Twitter can be used to market your Android app effectively.
Twitter allows you to build a front page that will profile your brand. The profile page is your chance to tell everyone about your business and include your branding. Just by seeing you on Twitter and person can click on your profile and know the full background to your business in seconds. In order to ensure that Twitter helps exploit your brand, you need to ensure that you keep the design of your profile page in line with your existing brand design, this includes your Twitter account name and profile picture. Your Twitter account name and profile picture appears every time you send a tweet, so the more active you are the more people will see your brand. There are two options for your branding image on Twitter, we suggest that you upload both images. The background of your twitter profile page is also available to customize, once again we suggest you keep this in the same color scheme of your brand and if possible to include your brand logo too.
2. Building your profile foundation
It is important to get the most out of Twitter that you complete the full details on the profile page, this is to help ensure that you have included and provided as much details of your business and you personally as possible. The more you include the easier it is for others to build a relationship with you. A strong foundation is the basis of any relationship including a business marketing relationship. There are three aspects of the profile page that you must complete:
1. Location – let people know where you are located so they can visit your business
2. Website – If your business is online, then ensure that your audience can reach you
3. Bio – utilize the 160 characters to tell your audience as much as possible about you. Keep the language very friendly, social media is all about personality and not formality.
3. Start following
You need to be active if you want to succeed on Twitter and utilize this platform to your advantage. Do not start following random people, make sure that you are selective or else you will find your tweet feed to be too busy with information that is not interesting or relevant to you. The aim of following people that are interesting is to help you begin to tweet with them, respond to their tweets and begin to build a relationship with them. You will also see that there are others that begin to respond in the same conversations and your subscribers will begin to grow.
That’s right, this platform is not for those that just want to sit back and read what others have to say, you need to get out there and get talking and responding to conversations in order to get your profile to grow and be known. There are 5 different ways to tweet:
1. Tweet – this is a message sent to all your followers
2. @Reply – This is a public message that is sent out and mentions the Twitter username of the person that you are replying to.
3. Mention – This allows you to include the Twitter username of someone that you want to join in the conversation
4. Direct message (DM) – This is a private message sent to another twitter user. No one can see this message apart from the two of you. You must be connected to the other Twitter user in order to send a direct message#
5. Retweet (RT) – This allows you to share a tweet that was on your wall with all the people that are following you.
Are you now convinced that you are able to begin to Tweet and market your free Android app with Twitter? Time to get started.