There are many news websites out there and even apps for the major cities, but is there an app out there for your community? For the people of your neighbourhood? Maybe it is time that you make an Android app for your community
Why make an Android app for your community?
There are many reasons why an app for your local community may be worth your while:
1. Community information – your app can serve as a base of local information that will help your neighbourhood such as where is the local chemist, or doctor. What to do if there is an emergency or how to contact the local police.
2. Discount deals – Where can you find a discount deal that can be used locally? This may be a deal that has been brokered with a local business or a coupon code that can be used for a larger outlet chain
3. Local news – Keep your readers up to date on local activities, such as what is going on at the local school, when the next village fete is taking place. Which community member is taking part in a charity event or what activities are going on over the summer holidays.
4. Social interaction – A good community is a community that communicates and engages. Many communities have social network pages, but an app can also serve as a place for social interaction. Have an email address on your app so people can send in their comments or questions that you will upload. This will also ensure that people will use your app frequently.
5. Business news – Find out where local businesses are and what they have on offer. This is also a good way to make some money as you can charge a small advertising fee to highlight certain businesses.
Have a look at our range of templates, I would suggest using our website app template which you can connect to a free online website created with a company such as iamcreator.com or wix.com. There are many free online website templates that you can choose from that will give you a free URL that you can connect to your app.