When you begin to consider marketing your Android app business it is important to ensure that you firstly understand the concept of marketing and what you need to do to allow your Android app business to stand out in a crowded Android marketplace such as GooglePlay.
marketing your Android App Business image via geekszine
The main step that you need to take, before you indulge in a huge marketing campaign is to look at the market, see the competition and understand what is working for them and how the market is reacting to their marketing campaigns. Have you seen your competitors on social networks, do they undertake traditional marketing or do they just rely upon internal marketing to their existing audience and over a period of time how much has their app audience grown? All these concepts are vital for you to understand in order to put the best marketing strategy in place for your own Android app business.
What do you need to do to understand what marketing strategy best suits your needs?
- Find out who your main competitors are – Search the Apps Market and see which app is trending and who is on the front page for your subject area
- Free or fee – What are the prices of the apps that are ranking the highest in your search for competitors
- Reviews – Have you read the reviews your competitors have received for their apps? Here you can see what their audience wants from them and what they like about the apps in order to incorporate this into your marketing pitch.
- Competitors message – What are the competition’s key messages that they focus upon in their marketing campaign?
- Market Response – Are the audience responding to their marketing campaigns? (You can check compete.com and alexa.com for website numbers.)
- Pros and Cons – What are the advantages to your app compared to the apps that are already on the market? Can you incorporate these pros into your marketing campaign.
- App Description – writing your app’s description explaining in detail your app’s unique selling points. What features does it have that aren’t available in the competition’s app? Show your potential audience that you can offer them something they can’t get elsewhere.