Let us face reality, many of you app makers are looking for a way to earn a little extra cash, and it is true that the app world is growing and there is certainly space out there for people like you to earn money in their spare time by developing apps for the Android market. Today we are going to look at how you can ensure that you create a profitable app business.
This is the main word – BUSINESS – We see so many app makers come and go, mainly because they are not interested in really investing time in a new business. Businesses require time and lots of planning to help them move to where you want them to be. If you know you are not going to spend time in the planning and preparation of your app, stop reading now, app businesses are not for you. However, if you are serious about app making, read on…..
Why make an app business?
1. It gives you freedom, no commuting, no set hours, no set place – you can work how, where and when you like.
2. App Businesses are open to all ages, from age 10+ – It is easy to do
3. No technical experience is required – again, anyone can create an app business
Isn’t the app market already crowded enough?
There is no argument that the app market is growing by the second, however, the number of apps being created is not coming close to the number of apps that are being downloaded by app users, this means there is still plenty of room out there for new app makers.
So, what do I need to do?
1. Have commitment – To get the business off the ground you will need to work hard.
2. Carry out research – look at apps that are successful and see if you can do something similar, don’t aim for a game, games are simply too competitive. Check the longevity of the app, you want something that will last for more than a month
3. Don’t fear app making, it’s not that scary
4. Analyse and tweak your apps, be prepared, the first time won’t be perfect. Look at how you will make your app better.
5. Invest in your marketing
6. Build networks – your app network should be working together to build your audience level from within each app
7. Network like a pro – Get your advertisers, your audience, your team all talking
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Chad Mureta for his tips in succesful app making.