You are considering making an Android app but do you really know why you should be choosing Android over iOS? The truth of the matter is, there is so much more choice of Android phones for the consumer that Android is over taking the app market in leaps and bounds. Android isn’t tied to just one company like Apple is, Android is available on Samsung, Ericsson, Acer, LG, Huawei, Motorola, ZTE and HTC. Android comes in many different shapes and sizes and different price brackets so there is a device for everyone to choose from. Let us take a brief tour of the top ten phones that are available to Android users.
1. Samsung Galaxy S4 – Although this isn’t the most recent of the Samsung galaxy ranges, this model is still hitting high purchase numbers, its screen experience is strong and the mechanics are still difficult to beat.
2. Motorola Moto G – One of the most financially sound options from Motorola, coming in at a much lower costs that most Android devices without the lose of quality. It doesn’t have all the features of the top end phones, it misses the microSD slot and doesn’t have a removable battery, but for value for money, this 4.5 inch screen device is recommended.
3. HTC One – once again, this device comes in on the top ten list due to not only having great specifications, but also for being easy on the pocket, there are better HTC options out there, but none are as financially rewarding as the HTC one.
4. Sony Xperia Z1 Compact – We all love a mini option when it comes to phones, they have the same perks of the larger screen phones but are more accessible for many due to the size.
5. Google Nexus 5 – I am biased, but this is one of my favourite phones. The screen is a large 4.95 inch and its technical features are up there with the best, the only down side is that the battery life does tend to be weaker than its competitors.
6. LG G2 – This phone is slightly older than the others on this list, it’s a 2013 device that went hidden under the radar with the release of Samsung’s S4. I for one am looking forward to the G3 release
7. Samsung Galaxy S5 – How can I not include the S5 on the list of the ten most popular devices of summer 2014? The screen is huge, the Snapdragon processor is simple divine, it’s 16mp camera is just not to be beaten. Add to this the additional security features and the S5 is almost flawless. Oh, that is until we discuss the HUGE price tag.
8. OnePlus One – I love an unknown and the OnePlus has popped up from what seems like nowhere. It is fighting to succeed in this market as it hasn’t yet build brand awareness, but if you aren’t a brand snob, this phone is the one to go for.
9. Sony Xperia Z2 – This is one of the premium phones out there that has a great battery life, strong power and a good camera. Being a Sony you can guarantee the quality of the front facing speakers, the image quality and recoding facilities.
10. HTC One M8 – This is the model that needs to be seen to be believed, the camera, the sound, the technical features, it is the all-round overall winner that has everything and anything that you’d ever thought about.