We spoke yesterday about the positive aspects of push notifications and how they can help you marketing your application and increase usage rates.
How to create push notifications for an Android app
- Log into your AppsGeyser account.
- Once in your dashboard, click on alerts.
- Click on the yellow button that says ‘create alert’.
- Write anything you would like using our HTML editor. You may add images, hyperlinks and make the notification interesting. The name of the app that they alerts will be connected to is shown under the arrow.
- Click send alert and your alert will be sent.
- You have a choice to resend the same alert again by clicking the green symbol or you can create a whole new alert by clicking the ‘create alert’ button.
If you are considering using push notifications as part of your mobile marketing plan, you need to follow some simple rules:
- Keep content relevant.
- Notifications should be timely.
- Reinforce your brand.
- Where possible make sure there is a link to your social networks to keep the conversation running.
- Allow for opt out.
- Do not over use, 6 messages a day will indeed annoy most your users.
- If you wish to purchase more push notifications for an Android app you can do so through our sales team email@example.com
- Most of all remember, practice makes perfect, your first mobile push notification campaign may not be perfect, but it will give you the starting edge from which to continue from.
Good luck – pop over to our Facebook page and tell us how you went.