On the AppsGeyser blog, we’re always talking about how to advertise your app, how to make your app better known, and how to get your information out there. To lighten up the mood, we thought we’d give you 10 ways that you really shouldn’t advertise your app! Seriously, don’t do any of these:
- Don’t put your QR Code on a belt buckle. (Seriously, people shouldn’t be scanning down there!)
- Don’t buy a grilled cheese sandwich on eBay.
- Don’t buy a SuperBowl ad (There isn’t another SuperBowl for over 11 months).
- Don’t streak at a presidential rally with your app name written on your chest. (You might get publicity, but you’ll be arrested for indecent exposure.)
- Don’t name your child after your app.
- Don’t graffiti your app name on public walls in Singapore.
- Don’t sell it on Etsy.
- Don’t print your QR code on urinal cakes.
- Don’t claim your app can roundhouse kick Chuck Norris.
- Don’t give away promotional hats to a t-rex.
Photo by Fluid Forms