At the end of last week we spoke about Android app affiliate marketing. I spoke about getting your app up to quality and how you could benefit from affiliate marketing. Today I would like to introduce you to something slightly different, a type of affiliate marketing that differs from the rest. I am going to teach you about Clickbank, how to create an account with them and start earning money.
Who is Clickbank?
Clickbank is an online secure retailer. They have hundreds of thousands of products that are sold through online retailers and affiliate marketers. The reason they are so successful is the ease of transactions. As an affiliate marketer all you need to do is find the product you wish to promote on your site and add the link.
How to get a Clickbank account
- Go to their website clickbank.com and click on the sign up button.
- Complete all your personal details in the form. Make sure you use your active email account as you will be asked to verify your details.
- Create your user ID. This will uniquely identify your account with Clickbank. Your user ID can be anything you want it to be but remember people will see this name when they click a link of yours so try keeping it simple, we suggest using your business name.
- Make sure you read the terms of service at the bottom of the sign-up form before you go any further.
- Check the “I agree to all of this” box at the bottom and “submit” button.
- You will get an email asking you to verify your details and by clicking on the link in the email you are proving you are real. Click that and you’re in.
Now what? I have an account, what comes next?
Before you start anything, make sure you have your Clickbank ID handy, you will need this.
1: Browse through the categories and decide what category and products fit with your app. The vendors stats will tell you what percentage you will earn from each sale.
2: Click the ‘promote’ button by the listing and you will get a form in the pop up.
3: Put your ClickBank ID into the user first field
4: The second field is a tracking ID field, this is used to track where the sales are coming from.
5: Click create and you will be shown a raw URL link which is what page the link will open when clicked and the HTML link which is the banner itself.
6: Add a disclaimer to your app so that you can avoid legal issues. Here are some example disclaimers.
There are more details on ClickBank’s website to help you create your links – if you are creating an app from a website we would suggest you embed these links onto your website first. If you are creating your app from HTML code then you can add the links within the code as required.
Good Luck in your Android app affiliate marketing.