TikTok has recently become the most amazing app phenomenon. With 800 million active users worldwide, it’s one of the TOP-10 downloaded apps of the late 2010s. TikTok delivers one of the highest engagement rates among social media platforms – over 50%! That is why more and more creators are buying TikTok likes to keep up with these high engagement rates. Imagine the hidden potential.
What is TikTok app?
TikTok is a video-sharing social network. TikTok users stream broadcasts, create short video clips with lip sync, jokes, memes, dances, and other content, add music, and share it all around the world. The initial idea of TikTok is to combine music, video, and social network.
On average, one user spends over 45 minutes per day surfing on TikTok.
TikTok has become popular for a few big reasons:
- Short video format. At the start, there was a limit for only 15 seconds of video content. That’s quite useful since people have short attention these days.
- Young audience. Almost half of the users are under 25 years old. This age category is more addicted to smartphones and social media.
- Monetization. Video creators can make contests, sell their ads, or receive gifts on live streams.
- Celebrity presence. A lot of celebrities popular among young people have their TikTok accounts to share exclusive video content, start challenges, and engage with fans. Many famous celebrities also buy TikTok likes services and cheap TikTok followers to grab the attention of their audience with ease.
How To Make An App Like TikTok
Before starting to develop a video-sharing app similar to TikTok, you need to make a list of basic features.
TikTok App Features
– Video uploading. Users easily upload their videos, name them, add short descriptions and tags. The current limit for video timing is 60 seconds. Each user can post an unlimited number of videos.
– Video editing. TikTok has tools to edit videos: crop, rotate, speed up, add effects, stickers, animations, masks.
– Live streaming. Users can make live streams for their subscribers, but this feature is available only to premium accounts.
– Music library. Users can add music to their short videos from the large library. Some songs with the help of TikTok go viral.
– Duets. Users can appear on the same screen with any other user. It can be a friend, a family member, a celebrity, or just a random person.
– Hashtags. They can be used as part of navigation through the video content. Or they can serve as challenges. A few of the best challenges are “Say So” Dance, Flour Challenge, Blinding Lights Challenge, Clothes Swap Challenge. Brands use challengers as an opportunity to create a community and increase brand awareness.
– Likes and comments. Like any social network, TikTok offers an opportunity for social interaction between users. Video creators can get comments and likes from subscribers. Related: 25 Best Sites to Buy TikTok Followers
– Social sharing. Users can share their TikTok videos on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. One of the best features is integration with Instagram.
– Push notifications. Subscribers can get a notification each time the new video is uploaded on interesting for their accounts. Video creators get notified about social activity in their posts as well.
TikTok App Development Process
- Market research. Before investing money and time into TikTok app development, you need to understand what the audience really needs.
- Concept creation. You need to find the reason why people will use your app. Find the niche, solve users’ problems, offer something unique. Create a list of features for your app. You can test your idea and concept before even developing your app. Interview people, ask for their honest opinions.
- UI/UX Design. Your app should have a user-friendly and intuitive interface. The design should include features, tabs, menus, and other critical parts of your app.
- App development. At this stage, you need to create the basic functionality with features and combine them with design. You don’t need to make your app fully finished, make sure you created an MVP (minimum viable product). This way you can test your app with real users, collect feedback, and improve your app as the next steps of the development.
- Q&A test. Before releasing your TikTok app you need to sure it works fine – without bugs, crashes.
- App release. At the release stage, the app should be published on app markets. The most popular app markets are Google Play and AppStore. You should consider targeting Google Play since it’s the largest app market. Keep in mind that over 50% TikTok users are Indians with Android smartphones.
- Repeat steps 4-7 if it’s needed. After the first release, you can go back to the list of features and ideas and develop them for your app. The process of app development doesn’t stop. By improving an app, you can increase your installs and engagement rate.
To make an app like TikTok you’ll need an app development team. You should consider hiring:
- Project manager. The main role of the project manager is to assure that the app development will be finished by the deadline. It requires managing work processes the team: developers, designers, Q&A specialists should work intact.
- App developers for iOs or Android. You’ll need multiple developers with different specializations for the project. Don’t dream of hiring one app developer who will create an app for you. And keep Android as a priority, almost 90% of the TikTok downloads are made to Android devices.
- UI/UX designer. Your app needs to deliver good users’ experience, for that matter you need a designer. The designer will create a layout for your app including menus, navigation, tabs, features, etc.
- Q&A manager. To make sure your app works perfectly fine before the release, you need a technical specialist to test. Bugs and errors in the app functionality should be fixed by app developers before you publish your app.
- Marketing specialist. Creating an app is one thing, but making it popular is an art. Launching the app should be followed by marketing activities: online and offline. A quick tip: make your app visible before the actual release.
Additionally, you should consider having in your team a business consultant, brand manager, ASO specialist, content creators.
Is it Expensive to Build an App like TikTok?
Unfortunately, it is. You should be prepared to invest from $10,000 to $100,000 for the early app development and launch. This is not the final price. The app development process usually doesn’t stop after the app release. You will always find something to fix, improve, or add. The more features you develop or the higher quality of the app want to deliver, the more expensive your app will be. Keep in mind, it took 200 days for the TikTok team to develop the original version of their app.
Or you can start learning how to code and how to make TikTok app in Android Studio, for example. It might cut the price for you, but you will lose months or years of your life before getting a prototype of the TikTok app.
How To Make An App Like TikTok For Free
To make an app with the features of TikTok you can use free App Builders. It won’t probably be as cool as the original TikTok app. But you can use the video-sharing and streaming app as your MVP – a minimal value product. It means you can test your TikTok idea for free and publish your app today.
App Builders offer an exclusive opportunity to develop apps like TikTok without coding for free or for a minimal cost. The app creators offer ready-to-use app templates. You don’t need to install software, all app making tools are online. By filling special forms or using a drag-and-drop constructor you can create an app like TikTok within a few minutes.
Create A Free App like TikTok for Android with AppsGeyser
AppsGeyser is a free app creator. One of the app templates provided by the platform is video-sharing. To create the TikTok look-alike app follow the guide:
- Open Video-Sharing App Template on TikTok App Creator;
- Inter API key from YouTube;
- Choose if you want to create an app with a playlist or channel;
- Enter a valid link to channel or playlist;
It can be your channel or playlist or something made by another video content creator on YouTube. Most content creators on TikTok have their accounts on YouTube.
- Choose if you want to split the channel into playlists;
- Adjust appearance settings: background and theme colors;
- Name your app;
- Upload the icon. You can use the default one or upload your custom made icon;
- Done! Publish your app on Google Play!
Video-Streaming and Sharing Features for an App like TikTok
The Android app created with Video-Sharing Template has the most basic TikTok features:
- Easy Video Access – In just one touch your users will be able to watch relevant videos.
- Video uploading – By logging into YouTube you can upload your videos and stream them to users.
- Video editing – The app has a built-in YouTube video editor. You can crop, rotate, speed up, add effects to your video.
- Live video streaming – You can make live streams for your subscribers. No need for a premium account.
- Music library. You can add music from the free library of YouTube. It includes dozens of music for different moods and purposes.
- Likes and comments – App users can leave like and comments under your videos.
- Social sharing – Users can share videos on Instagram, Facebook, and other social media.
- Push notifications – Notify app users about new videos in your account!
Top Frequently Asked Questions
What is a TikTok app?
TikTok is a video streaming social media. TikTok users broadcast, create short video clips with music and share it all around the globe.
How to make your own TikTok app?
1. Open appsgeyser.com
2. Choose TikTok or Video-Sharing Template
3. Click Next on the first screen of App Template
4. Follow the guide
6. Name the app
7. Upload the icon
8. Click “Create” button. TikTok app is ready!
How much does it cost to develop an app like TikTok?
It can cost you up to $100,000 to develop a TikTok analogue app. The final price depends on your team expertise and features list. Or you can learn how to code and how to make a TikTok app in Android Studio. The development cost this way can be up to 80% lower. Another way to save money while developing TikTok alike app is to use free app makers like AppsGeyser.
Can you create a TikTok app for free?
You can create a TikTok like app for free. Open TikTok app maker, choose the ready-to-use app template for video-sharing. It takes up to 10 minutes to make a video sharing app without any fees.
What features does TikTok app have?
1. Video sharing and streaming;
2. Video editing;
3. Likes and comments;
4. Tags explore and search;
5. Music library;
6. Push notifications.