Yesterday we discussed some of the ways you can use different marketing techniques to help with marketing apps. Today I want to look a little bit more into the social networking side of marketing. I will start with the most popular of all social networking tools – Facebook. Social networking is a field that many people love, and just as many are scared to try.
What is Social Networking?
Social networking sites are website platforms that allow you to sign in and create an online profile. From this profile you can connect to other people using the same social platform and share comments, images, and videos in what is considered real-time. This means that the moment you update information anyone who is connected to you on this platform can view and respond to the message.
The social networks that are most widely used for business networking are: Facebook, Twitter and Google+. There also are other social networks that you can be a part of, such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr and Tumblr. These are not as popular as Facebook and Twitter because they are less conversational, but they are also good platforms that can help you spread information around.
Facebook Guide for Businesses:
Facebook is a powerful tool for brands, businesses and charities. A business profile is set up on Facebook using the page tool, not as a personal profile.
How to set up a Facebook page for Android App:
- Start – Click on the link to be directed to the create page URL https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php.
2. Set up – Set up the correct classifications that best suit your business needs. This is an important step if you want people to find your business organically, and if you want to build the correct audience.
3. Complete your business details – When completing your business name, double and triple that check it is correct before saving, as this cannot be changed once it has been submitted.
4. Upload photo – This will be shown as your icon, so choose your image wisely. We suggest using your company logo. The dimensions when opened fully are 180×180, and will show on your page as 125×125.
5. About your company – Keep this short – a simple two to three sentence description of your company. This will be visible on your main page, so keep it descriptive and relevant. Always include your company website within this description. This is your main opportunity to sell your brand to others and get them to ‘like’ your page.
6. Your admin panel – From here you will be able to manage your business page, allowing you to edit and monitor the page.
7. Building an audience – Before you start trying to invite a million users to like your page, make sure that the page has some content on it, or else you are selling a dead horse. Start some engagement with that content by inviting people who will add comments to it. Wait until there are some interactions going to send out more invites. You should also be conversing with other pages too. They will start to know you through the conversations, and will ‘like’ your page and interact with you in return.
8. Your content – You can add a cover photo that will show as an enormous banner on the front of your page. Make sure this image is relevant to your business, as it will be visible to anyone viewing your page. Your posts should have a variety of content, images, video, text, and external links. These should be relevant to your area of business, but not necessarily about your particular company. The posts should not be used as direct selling, but as a way to show your industry knowledge and build confidence in your ability. Within a small percentage of your posts you can link back to your business page, to your sales and so forth.
9. Monitor your page – Check what is and isn’t working for you in terms of your interaction with users. You are able to view how many people interact with your posts, how many people read your posts, which posts are most popular and what time of day you get the best response.
That’s it – now go and get started.