Image via 9gag
Over the past few weeks, we have taken you through the cycle of creating an app, personalizing your app, promoting your app and monetizing your Android app. Your job this weekend is to look at your app with your critic’s eyes on, and see where you could improve it.
From our experience with apps, and we have seen over 325,000 apps created with our Android app making tools, the apps that succeed are the apps that have been updated and improved.
The two main questions that we receive about apps not succeeding are:
1: Why isn’t my app being downloaded?
Answer: There are three reasons this could be:
- App name – Your Android app is not being found in app store. Your app name may not be keyword friendly, and therefore only if someone knows of your existence will they be able to find your app. Try using Google’s Adwords to help you find a name that will rank you higher in searches.
- App description – You simply are not selling your app to your audience. Your app description needs to make users want to use your Android app. It needs to be informative, clear and not too long.
- App screenshots – This is the only way a potential user will be able to have a look at your app before deciding to download it. If your screenshots are of poor quality, you will not see people downloading your app.
2: Why isn’t my app being used?
Answer: Android apps that are downloaded but are not being used suffer from a number of issues:
- Novelty – The app was downloaded as a novelty and once it was used it holds no further interest.
- Content – The content does not meet the requirements of the user. This means that your description does not reflect the true contents of the app.
- Updates – The app is not updated frequently enough to encourage the user to revisit the app.
- Quality – The app may be too difficult to navigate, making the content unclear to the user.
Utilize this weekend to take a step back and revisit your Android app. App success is only a step away. Visit us on our facebook page and discuss your questions with our facebook friends.