We have learnt a lot in our recent posts about how you can create an Android app successfully and how much of the success is not down to the creation of the app, but down to your marketing of the app. Today we are continuing on our path to create an Android app successfully by looking at how and why you should use Twitter as part of your social media marketing place. Social media helps you to incorporate word of mouth marketing with your traditional marketing. Facebook remains the most used tool for small companies, but Twitter comes up a close second and this is why:
Why Use Twitter?
Twitter was at first sow to get off the ground, it was a weird looking platform that only allowed you to place a short phrase, most people just didn’t get the point of Twitter, it was hard to follow and moving at a quick pace. Roll on a few years and Twitter is simple buzzing with activity and is increasingly popular. Here are the reasons why we simply love Twitter and why you should love it too:
1. Short: That’s it, Twitter is short and sweet and to the point, you don’t need to write an essay, you simply just need to write a sentence, your point and you are done
2. Social: Anyone can follow you and you can follow anyone, it gives you the freedom to jump into conversations about topics you like without having to know the person behind the message
3. Exposure: The more you are involved in conversations, the more people will begin to recognise you as being a person on interest in your topic area, this will allow your brand to become exposed as you talk through your brand twitter account.
4. Networking: Twitter is a place to find people that are interesting and can help you and your business go places, it is through your networking and conversations you will slowly begin to find people of interest. You can use hashtags to find topic related conversations and this will help you find people of interest and help people find you
5. Newsworthy: You can find out latest news and gossip about your topic area and understand what people in this field are really talking about and what interests them. By understanding your field of expertise in depth you can fine tune your messages to fit with this audience and bring more exposure to your business
Those 5 reasons are why we think you should be on Twitter – now go and create an Android app twitter account and join us online @appsgeyser