Which app will I download? There are simply so many to choose from that many app users will download at least three or four apps with the same content style before deciding upon which one they will actually use. Although this may not seem to be a huge problem it is. Apps that are downloaded and not used and are then deleted are ranked poorly in GooglePlay and this could cause your app to fail big time. Today we are looking at seven tips that you should consider when creating your app.
What are the points I should consider?
1. Originality – Make your app as original as you can, make it stand out for being different, yet still great.
2. Viral – Ensure that your app has the ability to become viral, make it active on social networks. Here are are not only talking Facebook and Twitter, have you considered WhatsApp, or Instagram?
3. Alternative App Markets – Yes, it is possible to gain a larger audience using alternative app markets. GooglePlay has remained the most popular market, however you could consider using Amazon, GetJar or even smaller more localized markets to your home country.
4. Marketing – Before your app has even made an app store, you should be marketing and creating hype about your pending release. Social networks are the most popular way to promote and build your audience for free, but traditional marketing shouldn’t be forgotten either.
5. Sub-Contract – If there is a part of app making you are unsure about, it may make financial sense to sub-contract that part to an external source. For example, if you need additional help in marketing, there are companies out there that can do this for you for a small sum.
6. Statistics – Time to analyse your app, find out what people are clicking on, which sources are bringing in your app users, from this type of research we learn about our app and from this information we can plan improvements and develop strategies for app improvement.
7. Pricing your app – Time and time again we will continue to highlight that apps that are free are apps that make the most money. Monetizing an app comes from within the app and not from the app sale itself. Have a look at the world’s most successful apps, Waze, Viber, Facebook, as well as the millions of games such as Angry birds, all are free and their business is build from these successes.
I hope this has given you some food for thought. You are always free to contact me here at AppsGeyser for any questions when you build an Android app.