YouTube is the 2nd most visited website in the entire world, just a step behind Google, having a daily watch time of billions of hours generating billions of views. It’s having more HD content than any other online video site at the moment. Over 2 billion logged-in users visit YouTube every month, 37% of all mobile internet traffic is of YouTube App users, 70% of all YouTube views are generated from mobile device usage and the number keeps growing on a massive scale.
What is YouTube App?
YouTube is an online video sharing platform that allows its users to upload, share, view, subscribe, report, comment on videos, and add them to playlists. It houses a wide range of individual user-content and that shared by media corporations. Available content includes video-clips, TV show clips, movie-trailers, live-streams, short documentaries, music videos, audio recordings, and other content such as video-blogging, short original videos, and educational videos.
Here are some interesting facts and features of YouTube:
How to make an app like YouTube?
To understand the process of making a YouTube Clone App, first of all, you need to know its key features in detail:
YouTube App Features
1. Video uploading
All YouTube users can upload videos up to 15 minutes each in duration. Users can verify their account, normally through a mobile phone, to gain the ability to upload videos up to 12 hours in length. YouTube provides several options for inserting captions via speech recognition or manually entering the captions for greater accuracy.
2. Live Streaming
YouTube allows live streaming of up to 4K resolution at 60 fps, and also support 360° video. Also, its Super Chat feature allows viewers to donate between $1 and $500 to have their comments highlighted.
3. Quality and Formatting
YouTube videos are available in a range of quality levels. The former names of standard quality (SQ), high definition (HD), high quality (HQ) have been replaced by numerical values representing the vertical resolution of the video such as 720p, 1080p, 1440p and 2160p.
Content creators get paid for the content they post on YouTube after a certain reach and views. This keeps them motivated to develop new stuff and make the app a vibrant place for the audience.
This strategy lets the user watch commercials that are played before the video starts. Also, short ads are placed in between videos that generate revenue. Later, the revenue generated from viewing ads gets distributed between YouTube and the ad partner.
6. Channel Subscription
Users can subscribe to the channels that post their favorite content and keep a track of them in a separate tab on the YouTube App. This feature, along with the listening history, makes YouTube suggest similar content of the user’s choice.
7. Likes and Comments
YouTube allows its users to express their sentiments about the content in the form of likes, dislikes, and comments and allows creators the opportunity to respond/ interact with their audience. Liked videos also get saved in the user’s library, and they can even create a playlist of the content they like.
YouTube enables the users to download some videos in the app and save them for the future. This option, however, is only available for the content that is allowed to be downloaded by the creator.
Users get notified of the fresh popular content that gets posted based on their subscriber list and history.
How much does it cost to build an App like YouTube?
It requires a great deal of effort, time, and money to build an app like YouTube as you are competing against the dominating giant and market leader in this scenario. You need to have a highly skilled team of consultants, developers, designers, managers, and a million-dollar budget to start a project this huge from scratch. Henceforth, it needs to be nothing less than an intensive artwork, embossed and equipped with the best and other technical considerations to enhance its position in the market.
Requirements to create a similar app from a template
Creating an app like YouTube has become super easy virtue of modern technological advancements. You need to follow a few simple instructions mentioned below and you get exactly what you intended to have in no time:
- First of all, you need to have a team of competent people to drive your project
- Deploy them on searching and selecting an appropriate video sharing platform creator that has all the required infrastructure and features to build your desired app.
- Choose the template or layout of your video sharing app interface that sounds the most appealing for users.
- Go for the Color, functionalities, and feature customization that represent your brand.
- Pick the platforms (e.g.; Android) where you want to publish your video-sharing app.
- You can have the monetization model added too if you yearn to benefit the uploaders with revenues.
- Add features of liking, commenting, sharing, reporting, downloading, and adding videos to the playlist to make it more interactive.
- Publish it on the Play store or other platforms to make it available for public use and market it appropriately.
How to make an App like YouTube for free?
How does it work?
It doesn’t require a lot of expertise to use AppsGeyser. If you need to learn how to make a video streaming app for your channel separately, these few simple steps need to be followed:
- Visit the page https://appsgeyser.com/create-youtubeChannel-app/
- Click ‘Next’ and enter the YouTube API key
- Choose channel or playlist, enter URL, set the color scheme, name your app, choose or upload an icon.
- Preview your app to see how it works before building and downloading an apk file.
To create a successful YouTube app, you should use relevant keywords in the name and description, localize your app in your home language, and use quality screenshots. This app will increase the audience of your channel and also will help your users be aware of the latest updates.
So what are you waiting for? Click here to build the app of your dreams for free!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a YouTube app?
YouTube is an online video-sharing platform that allows its users to upload, share, view, subscribe, report, comment on videos, and add them to playlists. It houses a wide range of individual user-content and that shared by media corporations.
How to make your own YouTube app?
1. Open AppsGeyser here: https://appsgeyser.com/create-youtubeChannel-app/
2. Click ‘Next’ and enter the YouTube API key
3. Choose channel or playlist, enter URL, set the color scheme, name your app, choose or upload an icon.
4. Preview your app to see how it works before building an apk file
How much does it cost to develop an app like YouTube?
It requires a great deal of effort, time, and money to build an app like YouTube as you are competing against the dominating giant and market leader in this scenario. You need to have a highly skilled team of consultants, developers, designers, managers, and a $100,000 budget to start a project this huge from scratch.
Can you create a YouTube app for free?
What features does YouTube app have?
1. Video uploading and Live streaming
2. Downloads and Recommendations
3. Quality and formatting
5. Likes, comments, sharing
6. Channel subscription