It is most definitely one of the best and worst points of many human beings, the ability to talk, from the moment a baby is born we are pushing them to say mama or dada to when they are teenagers and we are begging for some peace, the ability to talk and communicate freely is what makes this world the place it is today.
It may come as no surprise to many, that the ability to talk can be the make or break of your business, think about it, how many times have you asked your family, neighbour, or friend to recommend a product or a service? Personally I know for me, this is always the case, I’m always asking someone if they know a good restaurant, what school is best for my child, have they heard about the new supermarket in town and what do they think about it. Communicating is a vital part of human nature, people like to share their experiences, good and bad experiences, and this is why word of mouth advertising is so important for your Android app business.
Why does Word of Mouth marketing work?
Apart from the fact that everyone talks, there are two simple explanations as to why Word of Mouth advertising can turn your Android app business into asucces.
1. Trust – It is right to think that friends will trust the opinion of their friends. Building a relationship based upon trust is something that takes time and time isn’t something a company has when trying to build new clients, however, friendship circles would already have built this trust and are therefore in a more stable position to ‘sell’ your brand to a different audience than you can as a company. It’s the case of having one audience member selling you to others to help build trust and loyalty
2. Freedom of choice – People do not like to be ‘sold’ to, they do not wish to be pushed a product or a service that they themselves have not enquired about, yet they will be willing to listen to a friend talk about a product or service that they have received which may, and usually does, entice the listener to look more into the product or service themselves. Websites such as; stumbleupon that are based upon Word of Mouth recommendations have enabled many unknown or smaller businesses to flourish, this is because the recommendation is not being sold to the audience, it is being chosen to be viewed by the audience through friendship circles.
How do I promote my Android app business with Word of Mouth advertising?
So, how do you get people to talk about your Android app business? There are a number of ways in which you can encourage people to talk, including;
1. Organic – This simply means people talking to each other without any input on your behalf. Although this is the most natural form of word of mouth advertising, you, the business, have no control over this.
2. Social networks – Getting people to share your messages on social networks is the modern form of Word of Mouth advertising. Your users will pass information to their friends via social networks if your message is newsworthy and is not sales orientated. We also find that humorous posts are more likely to go viral.
3. Competitions – The trusted competitions get people talking. People get excited about winning and will share good news with their friends. The more people talk about your app the more likely it is that your app will become a trusted name and will be more likely to be accessed and downloaded.