It may be easy to tell you why using GooglePlay is the best Android store for you but it is also important that we show you how to upload your app to GooglePlay after you have decided make an Android app. You have researched the name for your app you have ensured that your app is ASO App Store optimized and we also suggest that you create a personalised welcome page to your app.
Now you are ready to publish your first app to GooglePlay.
What do I need to publish my app?
- GooglePlay account – this is the direct link to the developers page – https://play.google.com/apps/publish
- $25 to open your GooglePlay account
- Your AppsGeyser APK code
- Your screenshots
- Your app needs to be ready
Here we go….
How to Publish an app to Google Play
1. Log into GooglePlay: click here for the direct link – You can use your existing Gmail account details to log into GooglePlay.
2. Follow the online instructions to complete your personal details and add your credit card details for payment of the $25 developers’ fee
3. Once you are in your dashboard, click on add new application
4. Write in your app name
5. Click on upload APK
Wait – What is an APK?
Before we continue I am going to stop here and explain what an APK is and how to get it. An APK is short for Android PacKage and it is the file that is read and downloaded onto Android devices. To get your APK all you need to do is:
- Go to your AppsGeyser dashboard
- RIGHT click on the green download button
- Choose save file – make sure you save the file somewhere where you will remember how to find it
Back to GooglePlay
6. Click upload APK and upload the file that you have just saved.
7. Continue the stages starting with store listing. You will need your app description and screenshots
8. Click on the last page and in the top riht hand corner you will see the sign, publish my app.
There you go, you are now in GooglePlay. We started out wanting to make an Android app from scratch and we have now graduated onto GooglePlay – Well done
Remember, that it may take up to 3 working days to appear in the store due to the new review process. Please pay attention as to whether or not your app is being held as a draft.