When you consider marketing your app you need to ask yourself how many apps are there in the Android app market, just to make sure you know there are hundred of thousands and your little app needs to be found amongst them
Our role is to help you bring out the potential of your app when you are marketing apps. The first rule in marketing apps is to remember that your app marketing campaign must answer the following questions:
1. How do you make sure that your app is being ranked high enough in the app market to be organically discovered?
2. How do you ensure that your app is receiving enough downloads to be of monetary value to your app business?
3. How do you make sure that your app is being downloaded by your target audience that will rank a good usage ratio?
There is an easy way to ensure you cover these questions and below is a list of some of the top 5 marketing strategies to help you market your app without breaking your marketing budget.
5 Marketing app Strategies
1. Social Media – Welcome to the world of Facebook and Twitter, in today’s age, it is not possible for any organisation to not have in place a social media strategy. Social media will increases brand awareness and capture the personal side of your brand drawing in the right audience for your app. Social media is a powerful communication tool allowing you to clearly communicate with your users.
2. Ad networks – Some of you may use affiliate companies to make some money, but did you know that these same companies can also work for you and promote your app through other apps and banners? It is important to source an ad company that will publish your app ad with your target audience, so be prepared to try many ad networks before you decide which ones best suits your needs.
3. Organic marketing – The Android based Google Play organic marketing is based upon app usage, the higher your usage ratio per download, the higher Google Play will rank your app. With this in mind, you can focus your Android app marketing plan around push notifications as discussed in the next point.
4. Maintaining loyal users – One of the oldest tricks in the marketing book is to reward your loyal users with additional benefits, everyone likes to feel special. Through your app you can send push notifications to your users offering them various benefits, such as; additional lives on a game, or discounts on a product or service. The options are endless and do not have to cost you anything. Every company, mobile or not, needs to ensure that their audience members are kept feeling special.
5. Building an app empire – The most common and free way of self-marketing is through your own app empire. You can introduce users to the different apps that exist within your app network through internal banners, push notifications and links set within each of your apps. By allowing your existing users to click through and try your other apps you are increasing your app downloads and usage per app.
Each of the options above can be used to build a strong marketing campaign that will not cost you the Earth. The most important part of marketing apps is the time you devote to your marketing plan, you must continue to work with your plan and monitor all activities for maximum benefits.