We have been talking a little about social marketing in the past few days, and one of the main topics we have spoken about is the use of the social media network Facebook. I have been inundated with emails, some thanking me for the idea and others, complaining that have wasted their time building a fantastic page for no one to like it.
Android App Business Facebook Page
This is a common problem when people begin to market their businesses with Facebook pages, they simply do not know how to start to build up a social audience. Today we are going to go through a few simple techniques that will help you to build a social audience that will begin to help your page become active, afterall, an active page is a successful page.
A Facebook page will not attract an audience on its own, afterall, no one knows that it is even there to consider liking the page. To get your page going you will need to invest a little bit of time and effort on your behalf.
How do I attract an Audience for my Android app business Facebook page?
- You need to search for pages that are relevant to your app and ‘Like’ them so you can see what they are posting.
- Contribute to any discussions that are happening on these pages using your Facebook page profile, this will get your name seen and people will gradually get curious as to who you are and will click on your page to see if you offer anything they may like. Whatever you do, NEVER use these conversations as a way to plug your product. See if there are any discussions going on.
- As long as a conversation is going keep yourself actively involved, this may seem time consuming, but you will get a notification to let you know of new comments, therefore it is not as time consuming as it may seem
- Encourage your audience contribute their own stories, quotes, or pictures that are relevant to your subject area. By doing this you are encouraging them to not only interact with you, but they are more likely to then share this with their own friends.
- You can run some form of competition, just ensure that you do not run afoul of Facebook’s Terms & Conditions. The easiest way of doing this is by promoting a competition on your website, therefore the competition is not directly on Facebook.
- Keep your content regular, newsworthy and interesting. The main idea for Facebook is for you to interact with your audience, therefore make sure you are responding to all comments in a timely and appropriate fashion. Don’t use Facebook as your promotion tool, think of it as a way to get your knowledge out into the social sphere while interacting with your audience on a personal level.
If you have created an Android app business then you will be losing a vital marketing tool if you do not open a Facebook page.