We all know that getting your app downloaded is one of the most exciting parts of making a free Android app, but the question is how do you make sure that your app can be found by anyone in the world? You need to work hard on your organic search listings which mean making sure you have the right keyword.
Today we are going to look at the five steps that you need to consider when choosing the right keyword for your free Android app.
1. Make a list – Think about your app and make a list of all the possible words and common phrases that best describe the service that you wish to provide. What do you think people will put into a search field in order to find an app like yours?
2. Do your own organic search – That’s right, once you have a list of words and common phrases do some searches of your own on Google web and GooglePlay to see what comes up on the first page. From this you should be able to eliminate the words and phrases that are not bringing up our desired results. Google will also predict what you are typing, this will show you some other popular keywords being used.
3. Google Adwords – Use Google’s adword to help you plan your keywords, this will help show you how popular the keyword is that you are considering. Why is this important? It is important because it shows how many other people are searching for this word but also how competitive the word is. Sometimes it may be more useful to use a word that is searched for slightly less but has lower competition and therefore it is more likely to bring your app onto page one.
4. Use Another keyword tool – We like Moz, they offer a 30 day free trial what will be able to help you decipher if the keyword you have chosen is appropriate. What Moz does is let you know the possibility of your app being found through using that keyword, this is a follow on from Google Adwords that ranks the keyword competition.
5. Make you decision – Take all what you have seen and come up with 5 keywords that you are considering. We suggest that you make up to 5 apps and use a different keyword in each to see which one works best in the app market. Different keywords may work for different app stores so it is best to make sure you try a range of keywords.