Good reviews are a critical factor for any successful Android application. Good reviews ensure the success of an application over the Android marketplace. Application reviews provide an insight into the usability of the application and customer feedback. Creating an application involves shaping great ideas into a usable and accessible piece of code. An application is not only about creating a piece of code and publishing it over the play store.
Getting an Android application reviewed by professionals is a standard practice in the application development process. Application review is one of the vital processes that is done before and after publishing an application over the play store. There is no doubt that application review is a stressful process. The idea of application review is to leave the application in the hands of professional application reviewers and having no control over the feedback.
The target audience listens to the feedback provided by the application reviewers. Research suggests that 90% of the people check for an application to have positive reviews before downloading it. By getting an application reviewed, the application can be released to the public for general usage. The main key factors involved in the review of an application include:
- Whether the application is worth using or not?
- Checking the Accessibility and usage of the application for the target audience.
Importance of Good Reviews for an App:
Android application reviews are very important. Reviews affect the visibility of an application in the play store. If an application gets a lot of good reviews, the chances of the application being featured on the top of the homepage increase greatly. Almost 72% of people trust different online reviews before downloading an application over their android phones. Getting an application reviewed by the professionals is an inevitable process. Customer feedback is very crucial in the growth and success of an android application. Certain benefits are associated with good reviews for an application. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- Good application reviews build strong authority and trust of the application among the target audience.
- Good reviews of an application are directly proportional to the revenue of an application.
- There is a huge community of developers who are dedicated to reviewing applications. In this way, great community support is present for getting the Android applications reviewed.
- Good views increase the retention rate of users. Good reviews boost the user attention for any application.
- Good reviews increase the visibility of applications in the Android marketplace.
- Positive application reviews lead to the higher organic growth of an application over the play store.
- Positive reviews increase the ranking of the application over the play store.
- The conversion rate of an application increases greatly with a positive review for an application.
- When an update is released for an application after considering the reviews, It increases the user loyalty for the application.
7 quick ways to get good reviews for apps:
Positive reviews play a vital role in the application download decision over the play store. Down below is the list of quick ways for getting good reviews for application in the play store.
- Use an application review plugin within your Android application.
One of the quickest ways of getting an application reviewed is to ask the general audience to provide the review while using the application. Different application review plugins are available for Android. These application review plugins are very easy to use and they prompt the user to leave a review for the application.
- Make the review process as easy as possible.
The application user can simply click the number of different stars ranging from one to five to review the application in the simplest way. The application review process should be very easy for the audience to get positive reviews.
- Provide the best customer service to the general audience of the application.
Sometimes, using the live two-way direct messaging technique is very helpful for getting positive reviews and interacting with the users to get their feedback.
- Review message within an application.
Normally it is better that the user should use the application for some time and the user should have accomplished something by using the application until he gets the review message.
- Run a proper contest.
Application developers usually run different kinds of contests along with different kinds of giveaways to ensure that people will leave a positive review for the application.
- Include a customer feedback form within the application.
The feedback forms are very easy to use within the application and they increase the positive reviews of the application.
- A feedback form should take a few minutes to fill out.
The developers should design the feedback form carefully. If the feedback form requires more time to fill, it will lead to a bad review.
Getting user feedback and reviews for an application have two main purposes:
- For getting different helpful insights about how an application can be improved in the future.
- For boosting the application rating over the Android marketplace.
Some important points to be addressed before publishing the application:
Down below is the detail of some important points that need to be addressed before publishing an application over the play store. These points are also considered by the application reviewers in the application review process.
- Does the application conform to the requirements?
An application should perform all the tasks that it describes. An application that does not fulfill its main functions is useless and worthless. An application should conform to all of its requirements to get a great start in the Android marketplace.
- Application is working efficiently or not?
There should be no application crashes when the application works. It should work without any glitches and crashes.
- Application is easier to use?
An application should be easier to use by the audience. Any user should be able to use the application without being tech-savvy.
- The graphical user interface of the application is visually appealing or not?
A great theme should be used for the application and all the graphical user interface components must be coherent and consistent. A great graphical user interface forms the backbone of the application.
- What is the competition of the application in the play store?
An application should perform well along with other similar applications in the market. An application should compete with other relevant applications on the play store. The application must provide a unique feature to stay ahead of the competition on the Android play store market.
How to deal with negative or poor reviews
It is a fact that every application gets some poor reviews. Here is the list of different strategies that can be used for dealing with poor reviews regarding an application.
- Do not take the poor reviews personally. The developers should remain calm and try to focus their attention on the problem that the user highlighted in the review. The developer should discover the real problem and try to fix it in the updates of the application.
- The problem that is highlighted in the review should be acknowledged properly. If the application caused a bad experience for the user, then the development team should apologize to the user and assure that everything will be done to fix the problem. Sometimes, showing to the user that you understand their problems greatly impacts the success of the application.
- The development team should act very quickly to resolve any problems or issues that are highlighted by the user reviews. All the issues should be resolved and the user should get better results the next time they use the application.
- The application should be updated regularly. Every update should improve the application in some way and should remove and fix the bugs. The user should be informed about every improvement and update regarding the application.
- Bad reviews should be considered as a good opportunity to improve the application. The customer experience should be enhanced after the updates of an application and the application must meet the needs of the users.
Good reviews lead to higher revenue and building trust among the target audience. Positive reviews make the application visible over the Android marketplace. An application should conform to the requirements and must work correctly at all times. The graphical user interface of the application must be very captivating, and the application should include unique features to stay ahead among the competition on the play store. Negative feedback should not be taken personally. You want to also be exploiting the good reviews that you have already received. To get positive app reviews you need to be enticing people that have expressed good views on your app to publicly announce their love for your work.