Let’s hear it for mothers! Mothers work hard all day (and often all night), and they don’t get paid for it. Often they have jobs outside the house, too. Most mothers I know are perpetually tired, but never too tired to get up and snuggle a sick child or change a wet diaper. To show our appreciation for mothers, we’ve come up with a list of apps that should be given automatically to every mother.
10. Nag-o-matic – This app continues telling your child to put on their shoes every ten seconds until the shoes are actually on the child’s feet. It can be used to nag for other tasks too.
9. Auto-Synch Calendar – This app automatically synchs your calendar with your children’s calendars, tracking not just extra-curriculars, but also test dates, assignment due dates, what homework has been assigned, and which friend’s house your child is currently at.
8. Coffee Alarm Clock – This app signals the coffee machine to begin brewing your coffee 5 minutes before wakeup time, even if your coffee machine doesn’t have a timer setting.
7. Grade-Tracker – This app tracks all of your child’s grades in every class and sends you warnings and the numbers of local tutors if your child’s grades drop below a user-selected threshold (A for over-achievers, D for under-achievers).
6. Lie Detector – You know what this app’s for. As a bonus feature, it gives teenagers a small shock whenever they are determined to be lying.
5. Sick Scanner – They had these on Star Trek. With this app, you can instantly scan your child and see if they’re really sick or if they’re faking. As a bonus, it’ll save you emergency room visits for those mysterious stomach pains, though it can’t do anything about the box of pralines that caused them.
4. Book Reader – When you’ve read “The Three Little Pigs” 17 times, and your 2-year-old says “again, mommy,” just open up the Book Reader app to tell him the story, minus the scary parts, just like he likes.
3. Stuff Tracker – Because you can’t find your keys, your wallet, or your hair clip, and the kids can’t find the shoes you bought them yesterday.
2 What Did I Forget? – Here’s an app that you run just before you leave the house. It scans everything you have and tells you what you or your kids have forgotten. It’s nice not to have to bring their lunch to school for the third time this week, isn’t it?
1 The Time Stopper – This is the one app that every mother needs. This is for every mom who needs just a few more minutes to take a shower in the morning. This is the perfect app for any mom who just wants to drink her coffee in peace without having to drink it lukewarm so it won’t scald the baby in her lap.
What magical apps would you want to make mothering better?
Coffee photo by notto86