Today we are ready to move on from the online marketing strategies that we have discussed as part of the ultimate Android app marketing strategy. You can easily click the links to go back to the past posts in case you missed the beginning of this series. The previous posts were based around the importance of social media marketing, online marketing and the technical side to online marketing.
When you decide to make an Android app you need to know whether or not there is even a market for your product. Validating your idea and researching your idea is a vital part of our Android app marketing strategy.
Research Your Idea
If you have come up with an idea, of course you are going to think it is the best idea in the world, and everyone is going to just love it, right? You will invest your time, your efforts and all you have into making your idea turn into a reality. After all, your idea is simply perfect.
Stop – wait for just a moment. Maybe you are living in a dream world? It is time to take a step back and see if there really is a demand for your app. The following questions are those that you need to be asking about your app:
- Are there any apps similar to mine on the market?
- Have the competitive apps achieved high download rates?
- How long have the competitor apps been on the market?
- What are the reviewers saying about these apps?
- How many apps does the competitor app developer have in the market?
- Are these app free or do they have a charge to download?
- How does this app developer make money from these apps?
- What made me like this app and would I use it again?
- What does this app have that other similar apps don’t have?
- What marketing exists around this app?
- What can I learn from this app that I would like to incorporate in my own app?
From the answers you gather from these question you will be able to see if there is a market for your app and what type of market there is.