In the Google Play store, there are more than 2.6 million Android applications and more than 2 million apps in the Apple App Store, utilized by about 3 billion mobile consumers worldwide, with these numbers rising per year. These are massive and astounding figures, especially if you are a developer trying to get your app noticed.
In a crowded field of competitors, how do you stick out? And even more critically, in an App Store quest, how can you get your app to rank high and make sure it suits the purpose of searches in the App Store? For the Google Play and iOS App Store, the trick is to use good App Store Optimization techniques.
You would need an App Store Management approach to make the mobile app score strongly in the app stores and be viewed by more future customers and fans.
What Is Optimization for the App Store?
Much like internet advertisers use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to rate their web sites in Google’s search results, app developers also use App Store Optimization (ASO) to take their app to higher points in the search results of the app market. Unfortunately, much like the SEO algorithms, the algorithms for ranking in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for Android applications are not currently established and alter periodically.
However, we know that certain things affect the App Store rankings more than others do. Your app will rank better, be used by more users, and gain more downloads by taking advantage of these App Store Optimization tips. ASO is recognized by a variety of terms, including App Store Promotion and Mobile App SEO.
ASO focuses on the deployment of special tools that are relevant to enhancing smartphone applications’ performance in app stores. ASO’s goal is almost always app installs, although additional objectives can include:
- Increased brand exposure.
- Positive reports and scores of apps.
- Engagement with an audience.
Your app is out there in a large app market with apps that have been built and produced by large corporate companies. How do you make your little app stand out in such a busy marketplace with so many rivals that have far more experience than you? It is time to ensure that you work on leveraging the consumer market for your Android app. We are giving you a step-by-step guide to improve the app store search results for your app.
Step 1: Pick the right keywords
Keywords are words or short phrases that individuals use in the app store while using the search field. It is important that when you perform a search, you choose the correct keywords that will bring your product to the attention of app users.
- Come up with a list of words that are likely related to your app.
- See which apps appear after you conduct a search using these terms.
- To find other terms and word combinations that can suit your app, use the Adwords tool.
- Look at those with elevated search figures but low competition
- Review the words you think would be appropriate and try a search to see whether the apps that appear are similar to your app, and if your app would be appropriate there.
- Have you considered using keywords that are usually used in your specialty? It could be in your language.
- To distinguish keywords, use commas rather than spaces.
- Using digits instead of numbers being spelled out.
Keywords are a major element in ASO, much like in SEO. Just as for product names, from the Apple App Store and Google Play, how you can treat app keywords varies. You will want to add the most relevant keywords in your summary five times for the strongest App Store Optimization. Be cautious not to overdo it, however. Keyword stuffing will penalize your app (just as keyword stuffing on a website will penalize your site by Google), resulting in a decline in your rating.
For your ASO, keywords with heavy traffic and a low to moderate amount of applications would be best. With a keyword, it’s often a smart idea to look at what the top applications are and understand what people are searching for as they check for that name. You might not get as much interest as you would like if your app does something entirely different from that keyword’s top applications.
Step 2: Having the correct logo
- Creativity is important; the icon is one thing in the app store that would make your app stand out.
- Business app icons should be kept in the same style and coloring as your company.
- Gaming app icons should illustrate your app’s enjoyable feature, and should make people want to download the game. It should be obvious from your icon what the game is about.
There is a clear connection between downloads and ranking: the most downloads your app gets, the more successful it is, so the higher it is rated. It is also really necessary to know how to build and have an entertaining interface icon. To show app store audiences why your app is worth their time for consideration, you can only use one picture, so choose carefully!
Until the app launch, you could test four versions of app icons. It does not mean that your target demographic will download your app only because they like the symbol. However, yhe app icon is the first visual experience that users have of the app, and making it right is important. Doing the same for screenshots certainly doesn’t hurt. Icon design has been proven to play a major role in how many installs an app receives, so it certainly pays to spend some time and resources coming up with a great one, and it is a critical part of maximizing the App Store.
You might complain about how unfair it is to measure a book by its cover (or an app by the icon), but that is what many people are doing at the end of the day. The icon of your app should be entertaining, eye-catching, and not too identical to other applications. Try to choose the more physically enticing option and one which is reflective of what the app is currently doing. Your prospective customers will look at your logo and download your app if they are attracted to your app icon when searching.
Step 3: Getting the correct description
A few important things to note when it comes to description and android app optimization:
- Make sure that in the first paragraph, your summary clearly describes what your app is about.
- Using bullet points and short sentences. You can find it helpful to set out your key points.
- What’s going to sell your app the best? Within the first sentence or two, make this clear; most individuals would not read more than this.
- Using excerpts in your explanations from the feedback
- It is so much easier for your customers when they know how to reach you instead of relaying their feelings and opinions through the review process. Always make sure you have provided your contact information.
Step 4: Getting the proper screenshots
Without installing it, the only way your future customers can see what is inside your app is to use your screenshots as a window into the app. Screenshots are more important in some cases than the app description, as these are instant photos that catch the attention of the app users and make them consider reading the description of the app.
- Make sure you upload the full number of available screenshots.
- The first screenshot is the one that makes it the best for your sales pitch.
- Highlight unique features of your app in your screenshots.
- Use the relevant keywords in your tags.
People use just seven seconds to decide whether or not they’re going to use an app. High-quality screenshots from the App Store are vital for marketing the app’s advantages to a prospective customer. They are the second most critical consideration for a download, second only to app reviews. Use app store screenshots that display the app in the best light.
Step 5: Review your app
Make sure that you periodically review all aspects of your download page. Never leave it for more than three weeks without updating your page, keep an eye on your competitors, and make sure that you keep your download page new and attractive.
The Bottom Line
This app store optimization guide should help you in optimizing the visibility of your applications in app stores. ASO often focuses on click-through volume and ranking high in the search results of the app store. By refining the application name, app description, app icon, app screenshots, and app ranking, you will encourage prospective customers to click on your page.
You have to pay careful attention to the App Store Optimization approach if you want to have a good app with plenty of exposure, sales and income-generating opportunities. Be sure to make your app’s user interface quick, smooth and well-managed. Naturally, this would lead to pleasant ratings that contribute to app store optimization on Google play. We hope you are using our app store optimization tutorial. Let us know how it works!